Sunday, July 12, 2015

Clean French Toast

 
I must admit, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day - I could eat breakfast food all day long! I was afraid I was going to have to give up my favorite foods... NEGATIVE! Just needed to figure out how to make it healthier! My girls love this recipe! 

What you need:


  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk, or soy milk, or almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 slices clean, whole grain bread
  • Cinnamon, ground

 

What you need to do:

  1. Crack your egg into a large bowl.
  2. Add milk and vanilla.
  3. Mix well with a whisk.
  4. When you dip your bread into the mix, do it quickly. Drop it in, flip it over, and take it out again immediately.You just want to coat the bread. Not soak it.
  5. Using a non-stick pan and a very light coat of olive oil to cook the bread on both sides. Cook till golden brown.
  6. Serve with a bit of honey or maple syrup for dipping.



For more recipes and meal planning assistance, join my upcoming motivational and accountability group!

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments :

Post a Comment