Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Baked Chicken Caprese


Erin Traill, diamond beachbody coach, 21 day fix approved, weight loss, clean eating recipe, chicken caprese, family friendly healthy recipes, Autumn Calabrese, fit mom, hypothyroid

I love trying to find a way to mix veggies into my dishes - because honestly, I get tired of the taste of chicken sometimes! I love basil - fresh basil and fresh tomatoes just make me think of my garden and summertime.... This dish is full of rich flavors but was not a huge expense on my checkbook or my time. And yes, this is 21 Day Fix Approved!!!

What you need:

    Erin Traill, diamond beachbody coach, 21 day fix approved, weight loss, clean eating recipe, chicken caprese, family friendly healthy recipes, Autumn Calabrese, fit mom, hypothyroid
  •  1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (can be pricey in the store, but is so cheap to grow)
  • 5 small chicken breasts
  • 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, slices in quarters
  • 2 cloves of minced garlic
  • 8oz package of fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • dash of dry basil
  • dash of garlic powder
  • 1 cup shredded mozerella

What you need to do:

  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. In a large frying pan, add olive oil, garlic and mushrooms.
  3. Cook mushrooms to desired (I like mine with crispy edges)
  4. Add in tomatoes, saute on medium for 5 minutes
  5. Add in chopped basil and saute for 3 minutes
  6. In a 9x13 baking dish, spray with olive oil spray
  7. Place uncooked chicken in the dish, evenly spaced without overlapping.
  8. Sprinkle dry basil and garlic powder on the chicken.
  9. Place mushroom mixture evenly on top of the chicken.
  10. Place in oven, uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
  11. Spread mozeralla on top and place back in the oven until melted. (I put my oven on low broil to brown the cheese a little)
  12. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment